Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Grandpa : Damodaran Nair



Article by Akhil M Nair , Christ University, HOSD 2014
There are many people in my family that is special to me. There is one particular person who has really had an impact on my life. He is that special person. His name is Damodaran Nair.
      My grandfather is my inspiration. He showed me how important life really is. Although I had my father around me, my grandfather was the one who was always there for me. No matter what happened in my life, he was always the one who looked beyond my faults. It seemed like no matter what I did, I was always a perfect little kid to him. 
      We ate family meals together, but most of the time the children and adults lived in different worlds.  When I wanted a little of both worlds, I could always turn to Grandpa .I remember many happy weekends at my house. Sitting on his lap, walking down the street, playing with his beard, these were things I did with Grandpa. I wasn't just a kid to him: I was his grandson, and I was special. He was special too. He was a proud man, a good man, and all who knew him said so. Even if you didn't know him, you would notice his inner strength, his patience, his self-esteem. He is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. No matter how tall he is, he is still someone that I can look upto.

No comments:

Post a Comment