Thursday, September 17, 2015

Grandmothers are the Best Teachers

Article written by Divya Prabhat Kumar for certificate course HOSD 2015, Christ University
It is often said that Grandmothers are the best teachers in the world. They are with you irrespective of the success and failure you have in your life. True to some extent, my grandmother was also the same. Right from the childhood she has always been my source of inspiration. It is generally a consideration that grandparents never scolds ,no matter whether you are in a right way or wrong, but in my case it did not happen that way, she has always taught me the right values and ethics.
To be very honest I have learned a lot from my grandmother and best part is that I am still learning. She has crossed the age group of sixty but her attitude and energy still looks like a young and enthusiastic person. I have never seen her complaining. Normally, senior citizen develops a habit of complaining to life, most of the senior citizens lose faith and freshness in living. More or often the senior citizen develops a "waiting for the end" attitude in their life. But my grandmother, she takes one day at a time. Her attitude is still like a young and energy driving person. She practices yoga, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Despite the wide age difference between us she has never been dependent to my parents and others even in her hard times. I like this quality of my grandmother too much. She is the only one who keeps me going even after obtaining a lot of obstacles and ups and downs in my life. Each generation has its own mindset and vision towards life but the most successful and happy people are the ones only who keeps learning and adjust themselves with time. This is the only feature of my grandmother which differentiates her with the woman and people of her age groups. She likes to learn each day. Learning each day has trained her mind to adapt changes with the environment and to deal with the canon of life. She is a pure religious minded person and a true worshipper of god.
 
 Most of the problems of the senior citizens of India is that whenever they find it hard to live their life or if living along with matching their feet with time and to deal with changes in the society are more challenging to accept they take the help of only point ,that is their culture, tradition and values and unknowingly by these values they think that they have solved their problems but the reality is that they escapes with the problems by putting these points, and the fortunate part for my grandmother is that she does not thinks like it. She values each and every culture. According to her, every religion has its own beliefs and it should be respected and shouldn’t be judged on the basis of wide diversity India has. So lastly I want to conclude that my grandmother is the best gift the great almighty has given me and I respect her from the core of my heart.

1 comment: