Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Light of Motivation

Article written by Chandana N, HOSD 2015, Christ University

I am glad to write this essay about someone who is about 68 years, a person very close to my heart, my grandmother. My grandmother, Puttlakshmi one among the other four children to her parents was a very genius and lovable child. She is so attached to her siblings even today that she keeps gossiping over phone and frequently meeting them to retain their childhood memories and talk about all the time that passed from then to their moments of grandchildren.  

 I got to know many things about my grandmother personally while writing this easy which inspires me to always work hard to attain my goals even if there are a lot of ups and downs in our lives. My grandmother studied in Yedur Government School and completed her studies only till 8th standard and later got married to Ramaraju, my grandfather. She until today regrets that she could not complete her higher education and achieve her passion of what she wanted to become. For this she does not blame her parents but tells it was due to the old custom of girls getting married at very young age. The most interesting thing I heard was that she made efforts to study after her marriage. Ignoring her age she has hopes to keep reading books at home and increase her knowledge.

My grandmother having four children, one son and three daughters is always caring and concerned with even the smallest things that affects her children or grandchildren. She is very religious person and engages herself in prayers to protect and for the well being of others.

During festivals all of us go to her place with a lot of happiness and she presents before us delicious sweets and variety of mouth-watering food items that I can never stop myself from eating a lot of food that day. My granny loves cooking different kinds of food and has a keen interest to learn new recipes from TV shows and prepares it with a lot of taste and love and feeds it to us. This remarkable memory remains unforgettable throughout my life time.

Now she spends most of her time in gardening. Her love for growing roses, tulsi and many other species of plants in her garden makes her feel happy all day long. She treats these flowers like her own kids everyday watering and looking for its beautiful growth. She uses the colourful flowers to place it before the god every morning. She always teaches me about the mud and seeds used to plant which I think are the best way to indulge ourselves in our leisure time. She also watches a lot a daily soaps in different languages .She also watches news, quizzing and cooking shows and asks me to watch if there is any interesting news which enables me to enrich my knowledge.

My grandmother is a jovial person who always interacts with a people regardless of age and never brings the generation gap and difference of opinions between people while in conversation.

She loves coffee. One must taste the delightful coffee she makes with the thick and frothy milk. The smell and that essence of coffee she makes me active and sportive. With a lot of experience, my grandmother always gives me advises and suggestions which always make me excel in whatever I do. She also corrects us and guides us in the right way if we make any mistakes. She is very emotionally attached to her dear ones and expresses her different phrases of love and affection and gratitude to them.


I would say grandparents are the most adorable beings on earth. They spread love and provide it unconditionally. We get to learn a lot of things from what hurdles and goals attained and their experience which plays a major role in our lives to achieve our dreams successfully. I love my grandmother from the bottom of my heart. I feel great to say that she brings the light of motivation and happiness in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment