Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Fathers: The Unsung Heroes

Written by Rishab Kabra
Leadership Open Elective taught by Jibrael Jos
Nov 2018 at Christ University

I believe in a son’s life Fathers are the unsung heroes. Its is generally the case where the boys bond more with their mothers than with their fathers but that doesn’t mean that the fathers don’t love them enough. They do and sometimes even more than mothers but generally don’t express. It is really amazing how they tolerate everything be the support for everyone all while dealing with their own problems without even uttering a word.

My father Mr. Pramod Kumar Kabra is one of the most simple, sweet,honest and determined people I have ever met. He has faced many obstacles in the 55 years of his life but has always stood back up with the resolve to keep moving on. He was unable to pursue his dream of becoming a doctor due to financial issues in his family at those times but never really gave up on life. He started a business, a field he was completely new to and excelled at it in no time due to hard work. He has faced betrayal by his family on multiple occasions but has always accepted it with humility and continues to help everyone despite what they made him go through. If this is not the quality of saint, then I don’t know what is.

He doesn’t express it but he cares about  his family more than anything or anyone in the world. He has his own way of showing how much he loves me and my mother. For Example, if sometimes I fall sick or need something done, he would never ask me directly as to what I want or am I okay but will
check up on me through my mother. It is not easy to send your only child away from home after spending your entire life with them, but parents do that for the child even if that means killing their own feelings. My mother doesn’t mind telling me anything that she feels. If she is angry with or something is bothering her, she will be upfront about it and say it to my face, but my father would rather keep it to himself so that it doesn’t bother me or trouble me and deals with it on his own. He never hesitates to help anyone in need. He will go out of his way to help someone just to see that smile on their face.
My father’s life just inspires me to do more and be more. It is a proof that words like honesty, humility and kindness are not vague in meaning. I love my father from the bottom of my heart and if I am able to be just one percent of the man that he is I would have achieved something in life. To all the Fathers in the world, The Unsung Heroes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment