Tuesday, March 26, 2019

My Inspiration

Written by Shreyans Gupta
Leadership Open Elective taught by Jibrael Jos
Nov 2018 at Christ University


A lot of times in life you tend to face difficult situations, you tend to find yourself in the middle of nowhere where you need someone to give you that support, that motivation and the push to achieve success in life. For me such a person will definitely be a human's idol in life. This role has always been played by my maternal grandmother. She is around 65 years of age and she has never let it happen that she's not been around when I need her. I remember I was 6 years old she told me this one thing and I haven't been able to erase it from my memory. She said, "It doesn't matter how many people walk beside you in life, just don't bother and keep your head high, you'll be able to ace every single activity in life!" This has always given me the strength to face all challenges in life. 
My grandmother is a genuine and kind woman who has given all her life to her family. She belongs to an orthodox Punjabi family. She worked for a renowned multinational for around 30 years of her life. Several times she has faced varied kinds of problems in her life but she never let her confidence drop down. She faced every challenge gracefully. There was a time when I used to be extremely passionate about acting and becoming successful in the industry, and my parents didn't support me for it ever. But my grandmother was the only one assuring me everyday that I was talented enough to do something big. 
She is my teacher, my mentor, my friend and the most helpful guide. Even at this age, she is very active and hard working. At times, we are surprised at her agility. She manages the house, takes care of me and my brother and always supports my mother and father in their business. I feel she is like the head or the pivotal part of our family. Because of her great leadership qualities, she handles this responsibility very well and keeps us bonded as one unit. My grandmother is one of the very few people who have a will stronger than anything else and a personality completely unique. It is because of her that I've been lucky to have such good values and such great teachings which I'll carry throughout my life. She is my idol and my inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment