Tuesday, March 26, 2019

TRING….TRING…

Written by Pavani Khanna
Leadership Open Elective taught by Jibrael Jos
Nov 2018 at Christ University


Life is a lot of things but there is no black and white in life. We have children and at first they crave for our attention and when they grow up we crave for theirs. Money has its own value. But attention is why we do most of the things no matter what we do we do it for attention . you may call it by multiple names; you may call it recognition, validation, popularity , fame it is all the same when you grow up in the earlier days there were very less phones and means of communication. In other words there were less ways of ignoring the elderly.
Now we have to make multiple calls just to hear how busy everyone is. Sometimes I wish I was busy I had something important to do ,something important to achieve something so great that I could ignore people but I think that time for me is over . maybe I was going through it but never realized . maybe I was doing this to others but hardly do we realise when we hurt others but when its about us its always a bigger deal.
How many times a day I just wait for a call from my grandchildren and decide what I would tell them when they do finally pick up my call. With every ring my gut makes me want to believe that there is something more important than me in their life.
But when they actually do pick up I don’t know what I should say so that they are interest in continuing the conversation . Just somehow that they like me and want to be there for me. I have so much time to think that now I understand why they consider an old person a wise person as we just have so much time to think of what could have happened ,how we could be better.
Sometimes I wish I could turn back time and never have to wait for a phone call from the people I love. With age we just become children all over again paranoid about nothing, craving attention, helpless lesser and lesser of our body parts work ,we cant talk very well ,we aren’t always well versed with our surroundings.
But why to complain it’s the circle of life you end where you start . Life is extremely fast for me to catch up with and there is no time for anyone to stand stare and feel. That is what life is and certain things will never change so is time an illusion created by man to fool himself .

No comments:

Post a Comment